Europe, so many countries, so many differences, so many beautiful places to visit and unique things to do. This is The Ultimate European Travel Bucket List.
1. Diving between two tectonic plates in Silfra, Iceland.
The only place in the world where you can dive/snorkel between two tectonic plates is at Silfra fissure located in Þingvellir National Park. The North American en Eurasian plates are drifting apart slowly and this separation is filled with water from the Langjökull ice cap, which means the water is extremely cold, about 2ºC so you’ll have to wear a dry suit! You can snorkel here with Dive Silfra for about 18.000 kr/ €140,-/ $155,-
2. Admiring the Northern Lights from a glass iglo in Finland.
At Kakslauttanen Artic Resort in Finland you can sleep in a glass iglo and admire the Northern Lights. The iglos can be booked throughout the entire Northern Lights season, which is from August to April.
3. Going Husky sledding in Tromsø, Norway.
4. Wandering through the beautiful landscape in Cappadocia, Turkey.
I got the chance to visit this beautiful world heritage site in Turkey a few years ago on a school trip. We went on a hike through this beautiful part of Turkey. Hot air-ballooning is also a very popular activity in Cappadocia.
5. Swimming at the waterfalls in Krka National Park, Croatia.
The Plitvice Lakes is the most popular National Park in Croatia for spotting waterfalls, but in this park you’re not allowed to swim in the waterfalls. Luckily there is a place where you actually can do this: Krka National Park.
6. Taking a gondola ride through the canals of Venice, Italy.
7. Visiting the Pompeii Ruins, Italy.
Another place i’ve been lucky enough to visit on a school trip. There’s just so much history here, the town was buried under meters of volcanic ash in the eruption of Mount Vesuvius in AD 79. Because of this the city had been preserved for centuries.
8. Go see the Eiffel Tower in Paris, France.
9. Go hiking in The Black Forest, Germany.
I truly loved The Black Forest, there’s just so much beauty. For more pictures see my post on Hiking The Black Forest!
10. Take a swim in The Blue Lagoon in Iceland.
The Blue Lagoon geothermal spa is one of the most visited attraction in Iceland.
Which one are you going to add to your bucket list?